1) WHERE IS KAAN LUUM LAGOON?
Kaan Luum Lagoon is located around 15 minutes driving south from Tulum town.
2) HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN DO THE TOUR?
This tour is for everyone, for couples, families or groups. We have done tours of more than 20 people in the Lagoon.
3) DO YOU NEED PREVIOUS PADDLE EXPERIENCE TO DO THE TOUR?
No, you don’t need experience. The lagoon is an easy place to learn paddleboarding. The water is calm, flat and there are no currents pulling you off.
The tour starts with a basic paddle boarding lesson for those who have never touch a paddle before. Beginners and experience paddlers are welcome to enjoy the lagoon and discover all its magic.
4) IS THE PADDLING TOO LONG?
The lagoon is big, so paddling all around takes around 2 hours.
It is a perfect experience for those beginners who want to learn Stand Up Paddle Boarding. And also for those paddle boarders who want a great experience outside Tulum beach.
5) IS IT POSSIBLE FOR LITTLE KIDS?
The tour is perfect for all ages people. You can bring your little kids, teenagers and grandpas. We had all ages clients on this tour and all of them had an excellent time.
6) ARE LIFE JACKETS AVAILABLE?
The paddling is close to the shore where is quite shallow and you can reach the bottom easly. But if you need life jackets or you feel more comfortable with it, we’ll bring them for you.
7) CAN YOU DO THE TOUR IF YOU CAN’T SWIM?
The best scenario is people who can swim. However, if you can’t swim and want to give it a go, we will provide life jackets and we’ll be extra careful with you on the board. Besides, the boars are big and stable enough for not falling down.
8) HOW CAN WE BOOK A TOUR?
Booking a tour is so simple.
- From home: Just click the booking button, fill in the info requested and we’ll email you in less than 24 hours to book your tour. You don’t need to pay a deposit in advance. You don’t need to give Credit Card info. You just need an email confirmation from us.
Why we don’t request an advanced payment to book? Because we depend on weather conditions, changeable and not always predictable. So, we prefer charge our services after they have been rendered. This way we won’t have any cancelations problem with you.
- From Tulum: In case you are already in Tulum looking for a last minute tour, you can also call or WhatsApp us to +52 1 984 168 1023
9) WHAT HAPPEN IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER ON THE BOOKED DATE?
Paddleboarding tours can’t be done in windy conditions. Strong winds affect the paddle and make impossible to do a good tour. The Lagoon tour can be affected by the wind, the paddling can be hard and the wind may pull you off not allowing to paddle.
During the booking process we will ask you for alternative dates for your tour. In case wind is too strong or weather is bad, we will contact you before to reschedule your tour.
10) HOW CAN YOU CANCEL THE TOUR?
We don’t ask for any payment in advance to book the tour but we ask for a cancelation email as soon as possible in case you can’t make it.
We are honest with you and trust you during the booking process, please be kind with us an call or email us back in case you need to cancel. It won’t take more than 1 minute and we will have the chance to fill your space with other clients.
Thanks for your understanding.
11) WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCLUDES?
The tour price is 90 USD/person.
The price includes transportation from Ahau Tulum, Mexican guide, entrances to Casa Cenote, complete SUP gear, delicious lunch and Go-Pro pictures.
Ask for a special group price if your group is bigger than 10 people.
12) WHEN AND WHERE IS DEPARTURE?
You will meet us 9:00 am at Ahau Tulum hotel.
Due to local regulations and permits, all our tours must depart from our beach shop at Ahau Tulum.
We can’t pick clients from any hotel.
Despite the perfect timing for the tour is early in the morning to avoid crows, hot and mosquitos, we can do the tour in the afternoon. Departing from Ahau Tulum at 14:00 hours.
13) HOW CAN YOU MEET US IF YOU ARE IN A HOTEL ON THE MAYAN RIVIERA?
- Renting a car for a day (you can have a good deal for a little car just for 1 day)
We could meet in Tulum town at San Francisco Supermarket parking lot and you can follow us to Kaan Luum Lagoon.
- By taxi
If you have a taxi tell the driver to take you to Kaan Luum Lagoon.
We would really appreciate if you let us know your transportation before the tour date if possible, to know where to meet you guys.
14) WHAT TIME FINISHES THE TOUR?
The tour last around 4 hours. You will be back around 1:00 pm.
15) LUNCH IS APPROPRIATE FOR VEGANS OR VEGETARIANS?
You will have lunch at the best taco place in Tulum Town. However if you are not really into meet, they have vegans and vegetarians options for you. In case you don’t really like what they offer we can take you to another delicious local place.
16) WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING TO THE TOUR?
You just need to bring swimsuit, towel and a hut or cap.
Please use ecological sunscreen at the lagoon. It is very important to keep it as clean as possible.
17) WHAT HAPPEN AFTER THE TOUR?
After the lunch, you can come with us to our beach spot at Ahau Tulum to spend the afternoon at the beach club. If the sea conditions are good enough you can also paddle on the sea. No additional payment will be asked.
18) HOW CAN YOU PAY THE TOUR?
You can pay after the tour. No need to pay in advance.
We accept cash, both USD and Mexican Pesos, and PayPal.
19) DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SPECIAL REQUEST? WOULD YOU NEED TO DO THE TOUR IN THE AFTERNOON? WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE SOMETHING?
Just fill in the booking form and add all your requests there, we’ll try to adapt the tour to all your needs.
If you want to bring your pet, a group, propose to your fiancé, paddle at sunset, etc. just tell us. Explain what you have in mind and we’ll be happy to help. We’ll try to adapt the tour to all your needs.