1) WHERE THE RUINS SUP TOUR TAKES PLACE?
The SUP Tour starts from Villa Pescadores beach. We paddle Playa Pescadores to the Ruins.
2) HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN DO THE TOUR?
This tour is for 2 people min. and 5 people max.
3) DO YOU NEED PREVIOUS PADDLE EXPERIENCE TO DO THE TOUR?
The Ruins SUP Tour is the hardest tour, but you don’t need previous experience when the weather conditions are perfect. In such case, the sea is calm, flat and there are no currents pulling you off. The tour starts with a basic paddle boarding lesson for those who have never touch a paddle before.
In windy conditions, the Ruins SUP Tour is better for advanced paddlers with previous experience. The wind and the currents pull you a little off and the paddling is harder.
When wind is too strong the Ruins SUP Tour is not possible, for safety reasons.
4) IS THE PADDLING TOO LONG?
The paddling is long, it takes more than 2 hours.
5) IS IT POSSIBLE FOR LITTLE KIDS?
The tour is not for little kids. Not even when sea conditions are perfect. The long paddling in open sea is not for kids.
6) CAN WE USE LIFE JACKETS?
Life Jackets are available all the time for our Ruins SUP Tour. The flotation is better especially after a long paddling and allows you to feel comfortable and relax when snorkeling in the reef.
7) CAN YOU DO THE TOUR IF YOU CAN’T SWIM?
This tour is not possible for people who can't swim. If you are not the greatest swimmer, the Cenote or the Lagoon SUP Tour are much better for you.
8) HOW CAN WE BOOK A TOUR?
Booking a tour is so simple.
- From home: Just click the booking button, fill in the info requested and we’ll email you in less than 24 hours to book your tour. You don’t need to pay a deposit in advance. You don’t need to give Credit Card info. You just need an email confirmation from us.
Why we don’t request an advanced payment to book? Because we depend on weather conditions, changeable and not always predictable. So, we prefer charge our services after they have been rendered. This way we won’t have any cancelations problem with you.
- From Tulum: In case you are already in Tulum looking for a last minute tour, you can also call or WhatsApp us to +52 1 984 168 1023
9) WHAT HAPPEN IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER ON THE BOOKED DATE?
Paddleboarding tours can’t be done in windy conditions. Strong winds affect the paddle and make impossible to do a good tour. The Ruins Tour can be affected by the wind, the paddling can be hard and the wind may pull you off not allowing to paddle back.
During the booking process we will ask you for alternative dates for your tour. In case wind is too strong or weather is bad, we will contact you before to reschedule your tour.
10) HOW CAN YOU CANCEL THE TOUR?
We don’t ask for any payment in advance to book the tour but we ask for a cancelation email as soon as possible in case you can’t make it.
We are honest with you and trust you during the booking process, please be kind with us an call or email us back in case you need to cancel. It won’t take more than 1 minute and we will have the chance to fill your space with other clients.
Thanks for your understanding.
11) WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCLUDES?
The tour price is 90 USD/person.
The price includes transportation from Ahau Tulum, Mexican guide, complete SUP gear, brunch at Villa Pescadores Tulum and Go-Pro pictures.
Ask for a special group price if your group is bigger than 10 people.
12) WHEN AND WHERE IS DEPARTURE?
You will meet us 7:30 am at Ahau Tulum hotel. Due to local regulations and permits, all our tours must depart from our beach shop at Ahau Tulum. We can’t pick clients from any hotel.
13) HOW CAN YOU MEET US IF YOU ARE IN A HOTEL ON THE MAYAN RIVIERA?
We can meet directly in Villa Pescadores Tulum, the hotel where the tour starts.
- Renting a car for a day
(you can have a good deal for a little car just for 1 day). Take the high way (Tulum direction). You will arrive to a Tulum tow. Turn right (Beach-Boca Paila direction) in the first traffic lights. At the end of the road, turn left, drive around 10 minutes until Villa Pescadores Tulum.
- By taxi
If you take a taxi tell the driver to take you to Villa Pescadores Tulum.
- By colectivo
(the cheapest option). What is a colectivo? Colectivos are white mini-vans that stop everywhere along the high way. They are completely safe. You have to catch it on the high way in front of your hotel (actually on the other side of the road, to catch the colectivo Tulum direction - south). Tell the driver to stop at San Francisco Super Market and from there take a taxi to Villa Pescadores Tulum.
14) WHAT TIME FINISHES THE TOUR?
The tour last around 4 - 5 hours. You will be back around 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm
15) LUNCH IS APPROPRIATE FOR VEGANS OR VEGETARIANS?
You will have brunch at an incredible restaurant in Tulum. Vega and vegetarian options are available.
16) WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING TO THE TOUR?
You just need to bring swimsuit, towel and a hut or cap.
17) WHAT HAPPEN AFTER THE TOUR?
After the brunch, you can stay at beach club at Villa Pescadores or come to our main spot at Ahau Tulum to spend the afternoon there.
18) HOW CAN YOU PAY THE TOUR?
You can pay after the tour. No need to pay in advance. We accept cash, both USD and Mexican Pesos, and PayPal.
19) DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SPECIAL REQUEST? WOULD YOU NEED TO DO THE TOUR IN THE AFTERNOON? WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE SOMETHING?
Just fill in the booking form and add all your requests there. If you want to bring your pet, a group, propose to your fiancé, paddle at sunset, etc. just tell us. Explain what you have in mind and we’ll be happy to help. We’ll try to adapt the tour to all your needs.